Sale and Leaseback
Sale and Leaseback is a leasing option that allows you to sell a business vehicle to one of our finance providers and lease it back from them for an agreed monthly rental fee under a Contract Hire or Finance Lease agreement. This allows you to free up any capital that was previously tied up in vehicles owned by the business and benefit from the advantages of a leasing contract. You also have the option to include vehicle service maintenance and repairs in a maintenance rental, which means you can budget predictably for all your business motoring.
So what are the benefits of sale and leaseback?
- Free up business capital while continuing to use your current vehicles under an agreed mileage limit and contract period
- Low monthly repayments and fixed monthly fleet budgeting
- Reduced financial risk associated with vehicle depreciation
- Flexible lease terms from 24 to 60 months
- Option to extend the lease period at the end of the contract by a maximum of 60 months
- Return vehicle at end of contract and start a new agreement on a new vehicle
And what are the potential risks you face?
- If the vehicle is returned with damage that goes beyond established industry standard set out by the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), known as Fair Wear and Tear you may incur charges to repair that damage. For more information about the BVRLA visit www.bvrla.co.uk
- If you terminate the lease early, you may be liable to pay an early termination fee.
- If you have driven the vehicle beyond the agreed mileage limit, you will be charged an excess mileage rate which is outlined in your agreement.
- The finance provider becomes the owner of the vehicle. You will not own the vehicle at the end of the lease agreement.