Eurocell Case Study
Eurocell has achieved savings of £85K from competitive tendering in 2019 alone and significantly reduced fleet administration costs and time, allowing the company to concentrate on developing their core business.
Construction and Trade Industry
- Competitive tendering strategy
- Cloud-based fleet management and reporting suite, e-Fleet and e-Fleet Mobile
- Proactive and intuitive account management
- Licence checking
- Fine management
Eurocell is the UK’s leading UPVC window, door and conservatory manufacturer, distributor and recycler. They are headquartered in Derbyshire with an extrusion and tool-making facility and have a nationwide network of over 190 UK branches.
Eurocell operate a fleet of around 500+ company cars and commercial vehicles with 50% of their fleet vans used to distribute their complete range of services and products across the UK. Eurocell had managed its entire fleet internally, however as their fleet experienced growth, the demands lay heavily on their internal management and resources which proved to be time-consuming and costly.
- A large proportion of our fleet management offering is delivered through our digitally focused services; e-Fleet and e-Fleet Mobile. e-Fleet allowed Eurocell to gain 24/7 access to a fully detailed, real-time overview of their entire fleet with the ability to manage all their vehicles, regardless of the funder. This allowed Eurocell to gain increased control over its 500+ vehicle fleet and reduce fleet administration costs.
- The award-winning Fleet Alliance e-Fleet Mobile app provided drivers and management with access to real-time vehicle information, service booking facilities, mileage updates, vehicle inspection reporting, proactive notifications such as contract renewals and 24/7 driver support emergency contact details for breakdowns and tyre queries.
- Fleet Alliance handles the entire 500+ fleet’s competitive tendering quotations, vehicle delivery and collection logistics, negotiation of support terms with manufacturers and renewal process with minimum downtime for drivers changing vehicles.
- The introduction of Competitive Tendering, which guarantees the lowest funding rental values, was handled by a single dedicated Account Manager.
Since switching to Fleet Alliance to source and manage their fleet vehicles, we have:
- Saved Eurocell £85K in rentals from competitive tendering in 2019 with Fleet Alliance achieving the best monthly rates from across four funders for every vehicle we supplied.
- Average CO2 remains sub 110kg/km for company cars with the long-term goal of introducing hybrid and electric vehicles to benefit from tax-efficiencies and reduced driver fuel costs.
- Increased Eurocell’s vehicles from 420 to 500+ with every vehicle renewed or currently on track to renew by end 2021.
- Powerful and friendly management information reporting tools have provided extensive support and proven to be unique and hassle-free for management and drivers by improving data analysis, MI and reporting.
- Licence checking all drivers and management of fines have reduced excessive administration costs and removed the hassle of Eurocell having to manage their individual company vehicles and drivers.
- The ability for drivers to input mileage on e-Fleet mobile allows for convenient and accurate odometer mileage recordings and predictive mileage reports to be produced. This allows for mileages, if needed, to be adjusted to be more appropriate thereby avoiding costly mileage over-runs.
“The drain on management resources was becoming too time-consuming and costly for the business. At that point, we decided to call in outsourced specialist Fleet Alliance. We’ve built an excellent rapport with our dedicated Account Manager, Louise. Louise is on hand to help with any queries, provides us with excellent detailed quarterly insight reports and with her experience helps us analyse our fleet, offers recommendations for improvement and most importantly advises on cost-saving opportunities!Adam Morey, Procurement Manager, Eurocell Building Plastics.