S h a r e
Ten ways to avoid refuelling
I have to say the news that the UK is out of recession is excellent news for business.
The 1% growth is to be hugely welcomed – and hopefully the government will take heart and produce strategies to encourage more economic growth.
For fleet managers, though, the spectre of a fuel duty rise in January still lurks around the corner, with the potential to tighten the tourniquet on fleet expenditure.
So how can you slip the knot? Here’s ten suggestions:
- Think big (but small on fuel bills). Hyundai’s i40 Tourer has a range of 1,011 miles.
- Move on Up! Volkswagen’s city car will see you good for nearly 63 miles to every precious gallon. And it has five doors.
- The spectre of a fuel duty rise in January still lurks around the corner.
- New premium fuel-busters: Audi A3, BMW 1 Series, Mercedes-Benz A-Class all manage 74.3 mpg.
- How about a diesel hybrid? Citroen’s DS5 gives you nearly 81mpg. And drivers benefit from company car tax as low as 10%.
- Choose a plug-in hybrid. Volvo’s V60 does over 80mpg, has estate car practicality and four-wheel drive. Expensive, though.
- Choose a hybrid. Toyota’s Yaris will help you avoid fuel stations for 846 miles at a time.
- Vauxhall’s latest Corsa: updated diesel will see you good for 85.6 mpg.
- Go electric. OK, you need to plug-in and range is a real problem. Nissan won Car of the Year for its electric LEAF car.
- Cycle. Good for your health as well. HMRC still has the tax advantageous Cycle to Work Scheme running too.
- Walk. Good for your health – the cost is shoe leather.
If you want more help with cutting fuel bills, then download our White Paper Saving Money on Fuel.
After all, every little helps. And I’ll take 1% growth for the time being!
You also might like…
If you liked this article then check out our posts about similar topics
In Coventry, the future has landed Or, perhaps more accurately, is about to take off The world’s first electric air...
Congratulations if you’ve ordered an electric car in 2022 - not only are we sure you will love it, but you are among a...
The drivers behind companies wishing to offer their employees a salary sacrifice car are many and often complex Howev...
Company cars continue to be an attractive benefit for employees, particularly with the cost savings offered by electric ...
Salary sacrifice for cars, often shortened to just salsac It’s a way of giving up some of your salary for a new electr...
Ten Ten times and 10 awards That's our terrific record for nominations as A Great Place To Work Which is just fantastic...
There are a number of important motor shows that take place around the world Admittedly, the world pandemic has made som...
There has been an understandable degree of shock and bemusement at the sudden change to the Plug-in Car Grant It means c...